Are you Protected? Get protected with Income Guard!
Income Guard helps protect one of your greatest assets — your ability to earn an income.
Accidents and illnesses are a fact of life and can happen to anyone at any time. And the likelihood of becoming sick or injured only increases as we get older.
No matter what you do for a living, monthly bills and daily living expenses can pile up fast when you’re sick or injured and can’t work.
What about government and workplace benefits?
Income guard might help you, if you are covered — and many workers, including self-employed small business owners, are not.
LET’S SEE WHAT YOU MAY BE ELIGIBLE FOR INCOME GUARD:
1. Within the past five (5) years, have you consulted a health care professional, undergone a medical exam, diagnostic tests, surgery, or been diagnosed with or prescribed medication, or been recommended to have treatment by a physician for any of the following health problems:
a. Angina, heart attack, atrial fibrillation, congestive heart failure, coronary artery disease, or a heart valve replacement?
b. Stroke, brain tumour, transient ischemic attack (TIA), traumatic head injury?
c. Cancer, melanoma, Hodgkin’s disease or leukemia?
d. Liver or kidney disorder, cirrhosis of the liver; Hepatitis, or an organ transplant?
e. Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, Parkinson’s disease, Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Multiple Sclerosis or Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (Lou Gehrig’s disease)?
f. Chronic Obstructive Lung/Pulmonary disease, Emphysema or other lung disease requiring oxygen?
g. Manic depression, major depression, bipolar, schizophrenia or psychosis?
h. Alcoholism or drug addiction?
i. Paralysis or loss of use of one or more limbs?
j. Diabetes which requires insulin, or Diabetes which was diagnosed prior to age 40?
2. Have you ever had any positive test, treatment for or exposure to Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV) or Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome (AIDS) or AIDS Related Complex (ARC)?
3. Within the past five (5) years, have you been arrested, charged, incarcerated or been convicted of a criminal offence?
4. Within the past two (2) years, have you been charged with careless driving or driving under the influence of alcohol
TWO PROTECTIONS IN ONE
Income Guard helps cover your living expenses in two important ways:
Here’s how Income Guard is different from typical insurance plans offered by lenders:
Income Guard lets you customize your protection based on your unique needs:
HOW INCOME GUARD WORKS FOR YOU
First, estimate your monthly benefit amount:
You can choose an amount from $800 to $5,000 per month. An advisor will help you determine the monthly amount you need to meet your loan and monthly living expenses.
How much do you need monthly?
Next, choose your waiting period:
Think about how long you can wait after an accident or sickness before receiving benefits. Consider your savings, other household income and any additional financial support you may receive.
EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS
Like many insurance policies, this policy has exclusions and limitations. It’s important to
understand what we don’t cover.
1. Any condition excluded by name or specific description in an exclusion addendum
2. Attempted suicide or intentionally self-inflicted injury
3. Committing or attempting to commit a criminal offence
4. Use of any drug, poisonous substance, intoxicant or narcotic, other than as prescribed by and taken in accordance with the instruction of a doctor
5. Engaging in an illegal occupation, riot or act of war
6. Service in the armed forces, the reserves or any other military organization
7. Cosmetic surgery or other elective procedures that are not medically necessary
8. Participating in any dangerous activities or sports
9. Normal pregnancy and childbirth
10. Participating in any type of professional athletics
11. Traveling or flying in any kind of aircraft, other than as a fare paying passenger, in a certified passenger aircraft provided by a commercial airline
Accident and Sickness: 24-hour coverage
• A pre-existing condition
Accident and Sickness: non-occupational coverage
• Any period of total disability that results, directly or indirectly, from an illness or injury that is work related
• A pre-existing condition
Accident only: non-occupational coverage
• Any period of total disability that results, directly or indirectly, from an injury that is work related
Accident only: 24-hour coverage
• A disability that is illness-related
How Income Guard will work for you:
1. Pays cash directly to you to help pay your mortgage, loans, and
everyday living expences when you’re sick or hurt and can’t work.
2. Offers customized options to create the protection that is right for you.
3. Gives you peace of mind when you need it most so you can focus on
4. Fills the income gap not covered by government and workplace benefits.
5. Pays up to $5,000 per month for up to 5 full years while you are sick or
injured and can’t work.
6. Pays a 50% partial recovery benefit when you return to work part-time.
7. Requires no payment of premiums while you are “on claim”.
8. The service, strength and security of our company, protecting generations of satisfied customers since 1922
Click below to see if you qualify for the Income Guard: